8 ways Brazilians make fun of Americans
1) Brazilians mock and imitate an American trying to speak Portuguese. They will certainly laugh behind your back, not at you. They especially laugh at how non-Portuguese speakers cannot understand the facts nouns have genders-and which preposition to use.
2) Brazilians criticize the American bikini bottom, calling it a “diaper”
3) Brazilians mock the way tourists dress when visiting Brazil, especially the knee high socks, Hawaiian shirts and the very worse peccadillo: Birkenstocks with socks (granted, Europeans like that more).
4) Brazilians always allude to Americans being overweight-I have hammered this enough on this blog.
5) 100% of the time if you see a table at a cafe sitting on their smart phones silently and not talking to one another, they are for sure Americans and that’s known as “Festa Americana”.
6) Brazilians criticize American parties. They say people don’t have fun, just stand in the corner, don’t dance and go home early.
7) Brazilians make fun of the fact most invitations in America have a start time and an end time. Brazilians think it’s rude to tell the guests when they should leave. Really a cultural thing.
8) Brazilians say Americans do not serve anything to eat in their parties but chips, peanuts and pretzels. Brazilians receive people with real food, hot food, not just Costco finger foods. If a Brazilian invites you to a dinner party or birthday party at their house, there will be real food.
2 Comments »
- Being a mother
- Being a woman
- Dating world
- Difference between cultures
- Social Media
- World Events/News